START UP, STAND OUT & GROW YOUR DREAM BUSINESS

Kick the overwhelm and get a jumpstart with my library of free resources for creative entrepreneurs. 

Reader Favorites

Reader Favorite: What My Cat Taught Me About Entrepreneurship

Never thought I’d say those words…

Yet another example of why you should never say what you would never say…because you usually end up saying it.

I adopted a kitten from a friend of mine when I was in high school, and long story short, he’s pretty much an asshole 99% of the time (the other 1% is when he wants to be fed). If I wanted a pet that I can hardly touch and would terrify me, I should have just gotten a tarantula.  Instead, I’m now saddled with Fran for probably another ten long, litter box cleaning years…but I suppose that’s my cross to bear.

(more…)

Real Life DIY 9-5: How I Make Money Flipping Furniture

I‘ve been restoring furniture for years now as a hobby. I’ve always loved transforming and improving things that I purchase or find, and I recently decided to turn it into a side business…partly because I’ve run out of room in my house for all of my projects.

Like the other side businesses that I have had over the years, I followed a set of strategic tips to make my products as profitable as possible. Even though this particular example is centered around restoring furniture, these helpful tips can be used in any business setting where you are selling products!

(more…)